The Agriworks EC20 Plate meter is linked through Bluetooth to a free application on your Android or iPhone. The grass measurements are uploaded directly to Pasture Base from your phone. There is no re-occurring fee as the app is free. Like the previous three Plate meters, the EC20 system is based on notch notifications. Other systems are based off laser heights off the plate. The plate meter is very easy to use. The grass walk can be uploaded to pasture base directly from the phone app. Alternatively, If a farmer prefers to use a notebook to record pasture covers and management notes when doing the walk the EC20 Plate meter can also be used to do this.
Under current TAMs specifications the EC20 is the only model available to meet the specification. The grant available is 40% of total cost for all farmers and 60% of total cost if you are a young farmer. The application for the TAMs grant can be made on line and this is something we will help you with and show you.
- Extremely fast method of grass measuring.
- The main benefit of this method is its speed.
- Meets the TAMs grant specification.
How to use:
- Download the Jencuip EC20 app.
- Enter paddock number and size of each paddock or import this information from Pasture Base. This only happens once.
- When you begin farm walk tap on paddock number you wish to measure.
- Each time you drop the plate and take a sample that particular sample appears on your screen and so on.
- Once you have finished measuring the paddock, select finish measuring and the average KGDM/ha is calculated.
- Once the farm walk is complete export the farm walk to Pasture Base Ireland.
- The grass walk can be also uploaded to Google maps and Google earth where you can see and track your walking route.
- The formula can be changes in settings in the app.